So you’re getting hitched… Congratulations! This should be one of the most exciting times of your life. So, we want to do everything we can to help take any stress away. With that in mind, we thought we’d share our top tips to help you choose your Nelson wedding venue.
Tips to help you choose your Nelson wedding venue:
Know your numbers:
- Before you even think about choosing your Nelson wedding venue have an idea of the number of people on your guest list. Numbers can seriously narrow down your short-list. As an example, if you’re planning on having more than 150 guests you might find a shortage of venues that can accommodate you. At Beachside Nelson we have seven different function rooms to choose from. We can cater for any sized gathering, large or small. Our spaces are incredibly versatile and can be set up in various ways. Our largest function room can seat up to 150 people banquet style.
Location, location, location:
- Of course you want a venue that will have fabulous backdrops for your photographic memories. At Beachside we are just moments away from beautiful Tahunanui beach. But, it’s also important to think about the practicalities of your chosen location. You want people to be able to get to the venue easily, and catch a taxi from town if necessary. For those that arrive under their own steam, you want to make sure that there is plenty of parking! At Beachside, we have plenty of on-site parking for your guests who are arriving by car. We’re also just a five-minute drive from Nelson Airport and ten minutes by car from the city centre. There’s also plenty of motel accommodation right on our doorstep, so your guests can stay awhile.
Mind the money:
- We know this sounds an obvious tip, but sticking to your spreadsheet is important. You might fall in love with a location, but you do need to ensure it’s within your budget, and remember that can also depend on the number of guests you’re having, and the catering options. At Beachside Nelson we guarantee excellent value for money. We’re thrilled to have hospitality expert, Carol Shirley, at the helm to produce a stunning menu for your guests that fits within your budgeted costs.
- Do find out what other people say about the venue you’ve chosen. Read our 5* reviews on Facebook.
Check the fine print:
- You can never ask too many questions when you meet the person who manages the Nelson wedding venue you’re hoping to secure. Have a list of your non-negotiables. If you want a band or some other type of live music do check that the venue can facilitate this. If there are restrictions at a particular venue, you may need to reconsider. Be sure to check what is included in the venue hire charge. At Beachside Nelson we offer full service so you generally won’t have to source tables, chairs or linen, unless you have specific requirements.
Ready to start viewing prospective Nelson wedding venues? Talk to us about how we can help.